Offtopic: LockHunter

Techland

Offtopic: LockHunter

Post by Techland »

I stumbled over a strange file in my Windows\system32 directory, with chinese letters, about 100 MB, and no read or delete access. Like many others I got alarmed and thought about some virus. What was frustrating was that I could not even fnd out what it does or where it belongs. I used Unlocker 1.92 and it always claimed that it could not find any lock handle, so did not even bother to open its normal program window for whatever details. I got alarmed by this and tried Unlocker with several other opened files and same same - the tool was somehow unusable on my W7/32 bit computer.

So I headed to the developer's website to check for bugfixes/websites, but there were none. But there was a comparison table, so I just looked for an alternative, and found Crystal Rich Ltd. What the...as a long time satisfied USR user I couldn't believe these guys made another tool that I had no clue of!

I downloaded Lockhunter which (according to that table) can not compete with Unlocker. But the table was outdated, LockHunter 3 can do it all. I installed it and it worked perfectly. Where Unlocker did not bother to do something, Lockhunter showed me the strange file was from my Antivirus software, Avira. A further search in the web then revealed this to be a bug of the current version, disturbing lots of people.

So guys, how comes you have a link to USR on the LockHunter website, but no such link or mentioning of Lockhunter on the USR website?

And thanks for this fine tool again! It rocks like USR!

Techland
Igor
Developer

Re: Offtopic: LockHunter

Post by Igor »

Hi Techland,
I'm sorry for so long response. Our current web-site is outdated and we are going to renew it where we will fix this lackness of the information about our other products. Currently all our products are listed on our company web-site: http://crystalrich.com/

P.S. I'm glad to hear that you are happy with our other product as well!